March 15, 2006

Robins and Daffodils

It's springtime in Connecticut. This afternoon, as I was closing the office curtains, I looked at on the front lawn of the building to find 10 fat robins (yes, I counted). The signs are everywhere. The daffodils are pushing up as well. And though today was windy, blustery, and snowy - well, spring's a coming.

In other news, I returned to the office from jaunts to Storrs and Manchester to find my bouzouki had arrived. Complications ensued sicne the bridge was not installed (I wedged it into the right spot, figuring out the right placement via harmonics, and how the heck did I remember / figure out that?) and I've been plucking away at G'ish chords: G / C / D / Em / Bm / A / F. I need to dig out some old songbooks to give me something to mess around with. My fingers are black from the strings, I think I'll need to keep my left hand nails short - I fear my callouses are long gone, but what the heck. It's fun.

I have an instructional DVD en route (from Ireland, no doubt) but I suspect I will figure out a lot of it on my own. That's the fun part....

No comments: