May 06, 2006

Waterbury. Again. And Again. And Again.

OK, Waterbury is pretty much death to me. The purchase of a piece of property in that city, and the financial ruin* said property wrought on me, has soured me on the city. And the ongoing malfeasance of politicians and cronies from the brass city continues to rock our state. While I lived there, two mayors ended up in prison, and the downfall of our former governor (and a recent scandal in the judicial branch) all trace back to the Naugatuck Valley.

So when I read of CIA chief Porter Goss being forced out, amidst accustations of poor leadership and brain drain at the agency, and find out that he is a Waterbury native, why am I not surprised?

While I've seen no evidence that Goss is linked to the Rowland cabal (not that there is no link, just that its not evident to a layperson like me), it just makes you scratch your head. If Waterbury pops up on the CV of any prospective politician or government leader, methinks thats a good reason to pause, and perhaps do a bit of due diligence.

* As if to add insult to injury, the property, which I was happy to unload in 2002 at a 24K loss (I had been upside down in it for a decade, watched property values stagnate and slowly inch higher, could not refi a stupid ARM that slowly drove me into financial ruin, and finally abandoned ship when I moved in with Zippy in Hartford) is now valued about 50K higher than I paid for it in 1989. Ugh.

No comments: