Assembled the basics of Camp Jude for the upcoming folk fest. After 14 years of various versions of the inexpensive dining fly (two different versions, with various poles and add-on roped to keep things tied down, culminating in last year's cobbled together mess made up of 3/4" PVC which barely stayed standing), I purchased an official steel frame, easy to assemble 10' x 10' dining fly. Woo-hoo.
Today, I put the new dining tarp up (a one person job, although two would make it go easier) and ensured that I had stakes to fit. Next, I put up my old (14 years!) Hillary tent that I'll be using, assuming the Zipster is cancelling. (we bought a large deluxe tent a few years back, in great shape, but its a bit over the top for me if I am solo) A bit of duct tape on the one corner with the hole / rip, but it will be fine. And finally, a 10 x 20 tarp, secured to the dining fly on one end and two 2x3 wood poles with some ropes on the other, and I have a tent cover.
May need a bit of reinforcement to tie down the new fly, but I am looking solid, infrastructure-wise, for the first time in a few years. Tomorrow maybe, start to pack and do a provisioning run.