September 11, 2007

Bruce Springsteen - Magic

There once was a time when I camped out for Springsteen tickets, and waited outside the record store to be the first in line for a new release. Alas, we age - the boss is coming to Hartford and I did not get tickets (generally a bit pricey for me, and I figure if the universe wants me to go an opportunity will present itself)

I am also surprised to find (via the Dar List, of all places) that there is a new album due out on October 2, called Magic. More info here and you can download a free copy of the song Radio Nowhere here. It's an E Street Band backed track but it sure sounds different - kinda raw and garage band like.....be interesting to hear how the rest of the album sounds....

And, I will be kicked out of Springsteen heaven for this, but I swear if you play this track backwards, you will hear the riff from that Tommy Tutone classic 867-5309 (Jenny) - the chord progression just sounds really familiar but slightly off....

No comments: