October 02, 2007

You heard it here first....

In yesterday's Courant, Eric Danton reviews Springsteen's new album, "Magic"
It's a theme he revisits on the first tune, "Radio Nowhere," grinding out a taut, rolling guitar riff reminiscent of Tommy Tutone's "867-5309/Jenny," as he wonders, "Is there anybody alive out there?"

Of course, back on Sept 11, I quipped:
And, I will be kicked out of Springsteen heaven for this, but I swear if you play this track backwards, you will hear the riff from that Tommy Tutone classic 867-5309 (Jenny) - the chord progression just sounds really familiar but slightly off....


Hm....I've actually had a few blog hits on the theme, with someone from Columbus, OH searching for "nowhere tutone" on 9/29, someone from D.C. looking for "tommy tutone chord progression jenny" on 9/28.

So my rock n' roll senses are still somewhat acute, despite recent years of folking and chanting...

Tonight, nosebleed seats at the Civic Center.....BRUCE!

No comments: