March 06, 2008

Missing in Action

Me, the blogger, that is.

Just busy, sorry 'bout that. I'm headed to San Diego (Carlsbad, to be specific) for a corporate powerpoint gig this weekend. So I've been knee deep in backgrounds, fonts, photos, and animation every night (the client tends to send me things around 5 p.m. and I've been turning it around in the evenings).

I'm also getting prepped for Kirtan tomorrow night - we practiced on Tuesday and I've got my guitar and bass out and am warming up the fingers. Set up tomorrow afternoon, and we play tomorrow night. Kirtan will break around 11, it will take us a while to schmooze, strike and pack up, so I doubt I will be in bed much before 1 a.m. And, oh by the way, my flight to San Diego departs at 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Sheesh. Who does this to me? Oh yeah, that's right. I do.

My only solace is that since we'll be staying at the Four Seasons in Carlsbad, and may have some down time on Sunday morning (the gig is not until later than night) I may find a lovely resortish patch of ground to throw down my mat. Maybe under a palm tree.

On the bummer side of life, I got an invite this afternoon to assist at the Open House free yoga classes this weekend. Which I *really* would have enjoyed and learned from. Hopefully, there will be other opportunities....

No comments: