May 08, 2008

Broken Down

I'm a physical wreck, out of nowhere.

Yesterday morning, lying in bed, I was conscious of an all-over body ache. During the day, it evolved into a really sour stomache. I went to a gentle yoga class at noon (and barely made it through, I was practically asleep throughout) - my friend A gave me an Umeboshi Plum in hot water to sip to settle my stomache.

After yoga, I came home (no more work) and lay in bed all afternoon. No lunch, no dinner, finally a bowl of soup around 8 p.m.

This morning, I woke to a stiff lower back that was completely debilitating. I broke out a heating pad, then took an Epson Salts bath, which seemed to unwind things. Sucking on another mug of warm water and Umeboshi....

Allergies? Virus? Flu? Darned if I know. I'm a little better now, but I don't think I'll be doing headstands any time soon....

2 comments:

sandyshoes said...

Time for some downtime.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Terrence McCarthy said...

You've been traveling a lot, working hard on several fronts. Your body might be trying to tell you to slow down. Sounds like that's what you're doing in the short term. Stretch that out a bit maybe?