May 11, 2008

Pressed Salad

I'm headed up to MA today for Mother's Day, a Pressed Salad in tow. This is a recipe from the teacher training program. You can see examples of this here and here, although I'm being a bit more adventurous.

My pressed salad includes: Savoy cabbage (was hoping for Napa, but could not find it at Appletree), Red Cabbage (just a bit for color), Baby Bok Choy, Carrots, Radishes, Radish Greens, Watercress, Mint, Arugula, Parsley. A few tablespoons of Tamari, a tablespoon of brown rice vinegar, some fresh garlic and some minced ginger. Also some dried cranberries as a bit of an accent.

It's been pressing overnight; after yoga this morning I'll drain the liquid and see how it is (too salty?) before packing it up (with a bit left down here for the Zipster, who seemed rather interested in the proceedings; he's a big fan of crunchy vegetables)

It feels good to have something interesting to take up to the family; I'm taking my Teacher Training book (packed with healthy recipes) up north for my sister, who could give Martha Stewart a lesson, to look through.....

1 comment:

jwc said...

I like the sound of that pressed salad.Yum.
When is that Power intro class? Thursday? or Saturday?