June 16, 2008

Suddenly Teaching

I led a gentle yoga class today at WHY (subbing). Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be standing in front of the room at the studio; it's the big leagues, in my eyes. I figured, at the very least, I'd have to go out and slay a few dragons first. The class went well - I kept to time (even a little under, so there was a nice savasana), I stuck to my class plan (missed a few minor postures, but no biggie), I spent some time in front of the room as well as walking around the room. And I even took the class to the wall for down dog / shoulder stand on the wall. Fun!

I also drove out to Unionville, to take a class with Sharon Ruvane at Valley Fitness. I'm subbing for her this summer on Monday nights, so it was nice to meet her, meet some of the students, and take her class to get a feel for what her students want. I think its gonna be a good fit; I am looking forward to it.

No comments: