July 22, 2008

Laminating Love

Popped down to Kinko's yesterday for a few minutes with my favorite machine - the laminator. Every year, I laminate a few copies of the folk festival schedule for the tee-shirt (and now the teeshirt / performer merchandise) tent. With the hot days, occasional thundershowers, and cold nights, paper copies of anything get pretty ragged - so the laminated copies are wonderful. I also laminated some signs to post with the sticker codes for CD's and DVD's.

Laminating is one of those little clerical / organizational tasks that gives me great joy. It's mindless. It's helpful. It's something that can be done sloppily or with great precision. There is a process, a sequence, a recipe. You walk out the door with something tangible.

I loves me some laminating!

No comments: