One side effect of a few nights camping out at the folk fest is the litany of creature comforts and conveniences that one takes for granted most of the time, but savors upon returning home. My list:
* Turn a valve and get water on demand, without hauling a water bottle to a truck
* Turn the other valve and get HOT water....
* Porcelein and flushable toilets
* A real shower (totally luxurious)
* Having a comfortable, warm bed
* Having a roof over one's head that is unlikely to leak or blow down during a summer storm
* A place to put food and drink that does not involve fetching bags of ice periodically.
* Paved roads and sidewalks that do not get muddy, slippery, or rutted.
Think that about covers it.....