September 21, 2008

Weekend So Far

Friday night: 6 pm yoga class. 8 pm yoga info session. 9:30 pm borthday gathering at Chili's.

Saturday: 5 am wakeup call for ballooning. Flight, champagne, then breakfast.
Shooting an approach to a neighborhood in Meriden, off Diamond Hill Road

Run home, hang out a bit, then off to Bristol to see MYA for a few. Last night, down to Mohegan Sun with a friend to watch the Connecticut Sun hold off the NY Liberty. My first time down this season, the Sun were in control most of the game until letting the lead slip and turning it into a nail biter. Svetlana is not the same since her cute short hair days at U-Conn when I crushed on her madly, but she still plays great ball, and it was fun to see her playing for CT and sharing the floor with my Sun fave Erin Phillips.
Svet inbounds as Erin runs the baseline. Bonus points for Janelle McCarville on the court at the same time.

I had gotten a call to work the game Friday afternoon, a few hours after my friends with the season tickets called and I had committed to them. Just as well; it's a long day working on broadcast days, even if one gets to be down on the floor. I had to settle for an action shot of my furry crush Blaze; MYA's baby brother also has a crush on Blaze, so I picked up a Blaze beanie doll for him, taking advantage of season ending 50% off sale.

This morning: hot yoga. Then off to a mentoring meeting at 1 pm. And then to a yoga studio staff meeting. No rest for me this weekend....

No comments: