November 18, 2008

2 Bedrooms.....

In other news, I am looking for an apartment. Zippy and I have been drifting for a few years now; I've lived with him since 2001 or thereabouts but we've been in separate room for a few years. We're less sympatico these days; I'm a mess, which grates on his desire for stability and order, and he's an Eeyore whereas I'm a bit of a Tigger. Frictionish.....and we've struggled to make it work but I think we're both ready to throw in the towel.

So, I'm looking for a place to call my own. Hoping to get a larger space (two bedroom), in which case I can close up my office and work out of the apartment (the rent I pay to Zippy + the office rent is about the same as a two bedroom space)

Huge change for me. I've been in exactly two living spaces in the past 20 years. So this is a once per decade kind of move. Needless to say, lot of angst, seasoned with some excitement and some fear. We're both sort of looking ahead - he to having his own space without my clutter and chaos. Me to having my own space for the first time in 7 or 8 years, and perhaps, a bit more sunshine and air with which to grow.

3 comments:

kerri said...

I can totally sympathize with the strained living environment. Too bad you didn't come for the Hartford 21 tour with us that day...just kidding.

If I hear of any 2br apts I'll pass the word on.

sandy shoes said...

Oh! My best to you, Jude, for all these changes.

Hoping the angst part passes, and you find a beautiful place with all the sunshine and air you need.

Terrence said...

Good luck, Jude. It'll work out for the best. The change we need and all that.