September 25, 2009

Jump Start: Jim and Ken Turn 40

Zippy cleaned out the CD rack (that I will be taking with me to the new place) and on it's shelves are a few of my CD's, filed with his. A Johnny Cash box set. Robert Johnson box set. Springsteens "Tracks".

And a handmade double disk, put together by my high school friend Jim (and his friend, Ken), celebrating four decadeds of them.

Disk One is labeled: Youthful Delusion and includes such gems as Runaway, Nancy Sinatra, Sweet, Cher, Led Zep, Lou Reed, Boston, The Knack, Blondie, and the Cars. The music of our collective youth.

Disk Two is labeled: Downward Spiral and here our paths diverge. Early punk / new wave (Sex Pistols, Smiths, Dead Kennedys, Gang of Four) give way to metal and grunge (Korn, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Tool)

Got both disks in the player right now. Just the jump start I need this morning!

No comments: