Today's mini project: hanging a large framed print up in my office.
It's something my brother Tom gave me, I think he got it from his best
work buddy who pre-deceased him (not exactly sure). It was a big deal to
him to pass it along to me and he asked several times in the ensuing
months if I had hung it. I never had the space for it (it's 24" x 36",
kind of a back of couch in the family room kinda thing, a little
oversized for my small condo) so it's been stashed in the corner of my basement office for a while.
It's not exactly fine art (you can get your own copy for $15 at the
link) and neither the balloons nor the baskets are really right (as a
balloon crew person who sees scores of balloons each year, one notices
such things) but someone spent some time and money getting it framed up.
It has a Bob Ross "Happy Little Tree" or perhaps "Happy Little Balloon"
feel to it.
I recently made some office changes; bought a wire
shelving unit onto which I've moved much of my tech: cable modem,
backup drives, specialty printers, UPS, etc. several of which were on a
now removed wall shelf. That freed up some wall space and I thought
"what the heck" - hanging it will honor both my brother and his friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment