A long day yesterday, culminating a long and busy week. Zippy, MYA, and I drove up to MA for a conference.
I was pretty much in schmooze mode. I attended three workshops; I grabbed lunch with friends, a beer with friends after, a lot of saying hello and quick chats in the hall. I was surprised at how many people I knew - from lists I was on, communities I am or have been a part of, etc. Even ran into a couple of old friends, long lost friends, and unexpected to see you here friends. My highlight was a meditation workshop, led by Peter Welch, an artist and Wellness Educator / Counselor from Univserity of New Hampshire, and was gifted with a copy of the UNH Meditation CD. A delightful bubble of calm in the midst of the conference hub-bub and energy.
MYA had a not so great day - some teen drama with a good friend and said friends mom, some being stuck in between "youth" and "adult" angst, some just plain "being in a tough space in life right now" stuff as well. She had some pretty fierce "eyes cried out" make-up going for a while, which she effaced eventually. She also met some of my peeps and friends who maybe will be connections or allies for her in the future.
Zippy also had a good time, starting out a little less positive (hedging bets in terms of going until the last minute) - but zie met a bunch of tribe members adn did some networking. I kind of went off on my own after lunch and left the Zipster to connect to people solo, which did happen.
En route home, we stopped for Chinese in Framingham MA (my old hometown) and that was yummy (huge portions, good food, not so expensive) and then back home by around 8:00. Then I had to drive MYA back to Bristol.
Today - Rest and Recover. I woke up with a scratchy throat and aches - was on the fence about my weekly pilgrimage to Hot Yoga, but I will probablly go.
1 comment:
hi Jude,
Nice to see you at 1st event.
Zippy wasn't nearly as evil as I was led to believe. I had a very pleasant conversation with her at lunch.
See Ya
DENISE
Post a Comment