December 16, 2007

Back on the Grid

Back from the Enlightenment Intensive. It's a very un-EI thing to be back online so fast, but this was not a typical EI. Normally I would have planned to stay overnight tonight to re-integrate but that was not really planned for, and when the option opened up tonight (due to the weather) I opted out - I assumed that Zippy was pretty pissed off about all the snow shoveling (he was, and understandably, but had gotten over it by the time I got back). Plus, sleet was predicted, and I thought it best to get while the getting was good. The ride from Kripalu to the Mass Pike was the worst, the Pike and I-91 were not too bad. Hartford streets were not clear but were driveable.

In addition, it was a hard EI for me personally, and I really did not feel all that warm and fuzzy in terms of hanging out. Some issue there (my issues, mostly) and I'll let it go at that. Some post-processing and follow-up needed, for sure.

First time up to Kripalu - I was always a little afraid of it. Maybe I'll sneak up there for a getaway weekend with a friend sometime, now that I know what its all about.....

The drive up was hellish - about 4.5 hours - but not as bad as some. I got on the I-84 gridlock mess on Thursday around 2 (Flatbush Ave), got off at Sisson Ave, and took back roads up to Bradley, where I hopped onto 91 (now mostly clear). Garmin GPS gets a huge thanks, and the new car did OK too with front wheel drive, all weather tires, and traction control / ABS. Snow tires and it would have rocked.

No comments: