I just bought a date book - Zippy and I went down to Barnes & Noble to get a book for a friend (Temple Grandin's Animals in Translation, for a dog lover we are visiting this afternoon) and I picked up a 2008 date book (1/2 price!)
I have not bought a date book in eons. I've been a PDA kinda girl for eons, but my Hand spring has been acting up (needs to be reset now and then, battery life is flaky) and in the recent storage hole abandonment / office reorg, the charger disappeared. I'm sort of thinking of a smartphone / PDA as a logical next step, but I'm not there yet - I need to go down the the Cinguler, I mean AT&T store and kick some tires, and figure out what I want.
In the meantime, my dance card is filling up for 2008, so I needed something. So back to a date book. And usually, I get a few of these as holiday gifts from corporations and clients - I did get one this year but it's book size - good for the office, not good for the purse.
And so I spent some time filling in 2008 dates. Six weekends (Fri / Sat / Sun) dedicated to yoga teacher training. A handful of workshops and seminars as well. A few days in Las Vegas (presenting a paper at a power quality conference). The folk festical. The True Colors conference. All sorts of ways my life is already scheduled out. Even this coming week, holiday and all - contains two therapists appointments, electrolysis, and a trip north to take Zippy up for a medical appt. And I have not even thought about the inevitable business trips for work, family visits, etc.
It'll be July before I know it - the next six months are gonna fly by. Good think I got a date book to keep it all straight.....
No comments:
Post a Comment