February 08, 2012

Coming Home: An LGBTIQ Mindfulness Meditation Weekend

A friend passed along an email about this mindfulness weekend....

**********************************************************************

Coming Home:A Mindfulness Meditation weekend for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer Communities

Led by Larry Yang and Maddy Klyne

Friday (6pm) to Sunday (1pm), April 13-15, 2012

Garrison Institute, 14 Mary’s Way, Route 9D, Garrison, New York

More info here

**********************************************************************

Sometimes, it seems as if my spiritual / yoga journey trumps my queer identity or any an affiliations I have had with the GLBT community. I do know that I am supported and affirmed in the spiritual community in ways that I am not in the GLBT communities; and that my attempts to bring my spiritual practice back to former communities and spaces have been unsuccessful and discouraging.

So this looks like a wonderful chance to reconnect, and I plan to be there!

No comments: