It's been ages since I wandered into a bookstore to purchase books. I have been buying online for a while. But Zippy had a gift card from B&N and wanted to browse, so I tagged along. And bought:
* A collection of Mary Oliver poetry "New and Selected Poems, Volume 1". Seems like Mary Oliver has been haunting me for the past year - with certain poems (The Summer Day & Wild Geese) popping up repeatedly at meaningful moments. I owe myself the pleasure of exploring her work more deeply and deliberately.
* A little collection called Zen Inspirations, by Miriam Levering. Just looked like a beautiful little "greatest hits" collection - nice size, wonderfully packaged and illustrated.
* A geek book on PHP and MySQL; I bought one last year and it dod not get me over the hump in terms of developing a database for a client's ticketing system, so let's try this year.....
One last investment in me, to close the book (so to speak) on 2006.
No comments:
Post a Comment