December 19, 2006

A Trip Deferred

Ah well, the best laid plans.

The USAir flight out to Charlotte was highly delayed - mechanical difficulties. At 6:40 (departure time) the flight was still on the ground at it origination city. So I could have gotten to Charlotte tonight, but not to Little Rock until past 4:00 pm tomorrow. (all the earlier flights were full). So I would have had to reschedule my return flights (instead of Thursday afternoon) but the flights were so full due to the holiday weekend that they could not guarantee me a seat untul after xmas.

No thanks. I cancelled, called the client, we will try to work remotely tomorrow. Pain in the neck - but I am glad to not be traveling.

This is the second time in two weeks I have been shut down, flight wise. Not really happy about that.....but what can you do. I am convinced that the air travel infrastructure is pretty close to being permanently broken.

No comments: