December 24, 2006

Day 1 of the Holiday

A fairly successful Saturday as we move into the holiday weekend. Started with Jazzercise (a regular sub who gave us a wonderfully aerobic workout!). After that, I went to fetch MYA, stopping at 2-3 package stores in a vain search for bottles of Pesce Vino, a rather inauspicious wine (I think) that comes in a noteworthy fish shaped bottle. My goal - gifting the wine, a bottle of dish soap, and a drink pourer stopper to by siblings - the fish bottle makes a decorative dish soap container. Thanks to MB for the concept, but the one place where I have seen the wine (Crazy Bruce's in West Hartford) was out, and nowhere else (including Crazy Bruce's in Bristol) carried it.

With MYA in tow, we stopped at the house to fetch Zippy and food (dump cake, cajun beans, and el cheapo rolls) for the support group holiday meal. That went OK - the food was delicious, the atmosphere was so-so (we should have bought some table clothes and set a formal table, IMHO) but it was nice. Afterwards, we boogied out a bit early (Zippy was falling asleep) and hung out at the house for a while before I took MYA home.

MYA liked her gifts (Hello Kitty pajamas and a book) and I also gifted her family with an inexpensive DVD player (she has DVD's to watch, her baby brother I am sure will benefit, and her mom by having the baby occupied). Not too pricey at Sears - I should have gotten one for the house (our DVD player is old, large, and finicky)

While I shuttled MYA home, CM stopped by after the meeting and we had a nice visit. She and Zippy got some time to talk before I came home. It was good to see her and spend some time with her.

Today, we head up north to Bolton MA for xmas eve with my family. We are taking a modest pile of giftage, some snackage (beef log, cheese, crackers), two bottles of wine, and ourselves. Should not be a long day - Mom and Bro's are heading to 6 pm mass and we will probably head back around then.

No comments: