We spent some time yesterday - cooking, preparing, cleaning - for xmas day drop-ins. It ended up just being 3 of us: Me, Zippy, and our dear friend AC. While we had no firm commitments from anyone (we simply mentioned to people who seemed footloose that we were going to be home if they wanted to drop by), we also figured at least someone might visit. Nope. Understandable - no firm plan, verbal check-in, last minute, and people have things to do. But nonetheless, it was a little disappointing.
Continuing the trend, I popped by the studio this morning for a 6 a.m. "hour of power" class - which did not happen. There were only two of us waiting outside the studio (so clearly, it was cancel-worthy) but a note on the website might have been useful.
So I wandered into the office (where I am now) to set up my new stereo and crank out a report. We're heading down to Westchester this morning for lunch with Zippy's mother and sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment