December 16, 2006

Faith of our Fathers

Apparently, John Rowland is pinning his future on faith.

Call me cynical, but why is it that fallen politico's always seem to find salvation through Christianity, and more specifically, the bible quoting born again version? I mean, its not like its the official state religion of the republican party, or the best way to ween ones way back into the hearts of those in power, be they business leaders or politicians.

I'd believe a prison conversion if the former Gov came back a true believer in Falung Gong or Buddhism or Islam or Christian Science or Quakerism or Judaism. Something other than George W Bush's version of Chrisitanity, thank you. Something that does not smack of sucking up to the religious right.

Hell, I bet he could parley this into a run for the presidency (Can convicted felons hold high office?). Nothing plays better than a repentent sinner.....

No comments: