December 30, 2006

Year End Wrap-up

A day early - am I daring the universe to shatter my reality tomorrow by summing up tonight? So be it. The universe and I are dancing, and one cannot be too predictable a partner, eh?

2006 was a year of Spirit and Music for me.

I went to see more music than in recent years (two folk fests, lots of concerts), and I played more music than I had in a decade. I bought two new instruments. And I expect more growth and music to come in 2007.

I did more yoga in 2006, finding my practice grow into more challenging formal practices, and more personal exploration. I took a 10 week course on mindful eating (lots of meditation), and attended a life changing Enlightenment Intensive. I came to a couple of incredible awarenesses about myself and life. I chose to live this specific life. I am a small piece of the divine. Remarkable. Wonderful. Awesome.

I described my birthday in 2006 as the "best birthday ever". Until this year, perhaps. I had a marvelous and magical dinner. I made new friends. I kept one very special old one despite my stubbornness and misunderstanding. I healed some old wounds.

I spent a lot of time with a sweet, wounded, beautiful young woman who I hope to keep a part of my life throughout 2007. My adopted daughter perhaps. I can not save all, but I can damn sure try to save one.

I blogged all year.

I moved back into an office outside our home this year. I found new clients, kept old ones, and kept busy enough to remain challenged and solvent. I laid some foundation to begin to explore writing. My professional life feels reinvigorated (even with way too much morning yoga eating up working hours!)

2006 - thanks. You have been gentle with me and most generous. 2007, welcome. I eagerly await your sunrises and surprises.

No comments: