Sorry to be off the grid for the moment.
I'm in the process of moving my life from el crappo Toshiba laptop to hopefully less troublesome Sony laptop. Spending lots of time moving files, applications, etc. - getting things set up properly - I'm headed out of town on Wednesday to Las Vegas and need to have the new puter functional by then (to do email, support clients, and er....run the powerpoint that I have yet to start). good thing I am a PowerPoint Princess. Good thing my presentation is not until Friday morning, giving me a few days in the hotel to work on it.....
Will be back anon, I promise - once I hit the road I'll have some leisure time to blog......
2 comments:
We just bought a new laptop. Notebook. Whatever the hell they're calling them these days. I'm looking forward to getting it. Sort of. It's a Dell. If you've heard bad things...
Don't tell me.
Actually, I've liked all the Dell's I have had. I was seriously looking at Dell instead of the Sony, but the Sony was a deal, and everyone I know who has one likes it.
Mostly, the issue is moving from an older Windows platform (XP) to Vista without the aid of an IT department. I have a slew of old applications that may or may not be Vista compatible. Some I am simply too cheap to replace. Others are legacy packages and there are no Vista updates. Lots of little things - test equipment interfaces, graphics packages, FTP software, email, etc.
You get set up with a specific set of tools and it's hard to migrate to something new. So it's a matter of installing each application, then making sure it is not crashing the Vista system, then moving on from there. Slow work.....
Post a Comment