Headed home today; I was slated for a long layover at JFK. Lousy flights; but the combination of price, total travel time, and arrival / departure times was OK. But once we got to New York, we found the connection to Hartford (commuter) was canceled due to the high winds in Hartford.
Could have been the start of a very bad travel day, eh?
But instead, I canceled the final leg, hitched a ride to Bradley on CT Limo, had a lovely road trip with 3 other travelers from the canceled flight (we chatted the entire trip back home), and got to my car 30 minutes ahead of time. Caught some lucky breaks - the flight from San Diego got in early, my bag was retrieved within a few minutes, the woman at the travel information booth was delightful and efficient, and the CT Limo driver showed up 5 minutes after we hit the counter.
A lesson to myself, not to make up stories about how miserable I am or will be. Had I gotten a bad attitude about the canceled flight and change, I might have cast a shadow on the entire trip home. Instead, I allowed the trip to unfold in its own way, and it turned out to be quite delightful.
No comments:
Post a Comment