I popped over to bestbuy.com last night and ordered a couple of gadgets.
I finally decided to spring for a new PDA - the low end Palm Z22. I decided that I did not need anything fancier - a place to put names and addresses and to do lists and short notes to myself will be fine. It will sync right up to my existing Palm desktop. What finally sold me was a delivery guy who came into the yoga studio on Wednesday - he dropped off his cartons of paper products, and pulled out a Z22 that his company uses as a signature collector. Just something reassuring about holding it, using it, and knowing that it was rugged enough for corporate service, strapped to the belt of a truck driver all day.
I'm not ready to commit to a smartphone, and the paper organizer is losing its charm - I've double booked a few things accidentally in the past few days and have had a few instances whee I really wanted a phone number that is in my PDA
database but not in my phone.....
I also ordered a new digital camera. My newer Kodak is MIA, my older Fuji is around but limited resolution (2.1 Megapixel), and is large and clunky. I'm headed out to a bunch of site visits in the coming month that will demand picture taking. Cameras are at that stage - I got a Nikon 6.1 Megapixel with a 2G SD card for $120. What's not to love?
No comments:
Post a Comment