February 12, 2008

Rolling to Rochester

Despite the weather, I made it to Rochester in pretty good time. Agatha (my GPS) predicted an 8:30 arrival. I actually got in at 9:20. Not horrible, considering I took a few bio breaks and filled up the tank. The snow started just this side of Albany, but it really did not get squirrelly until I got onto 490 near Rochester. Staying at another Holiday Inn Express - not a bad property, albeit a bit pricey.

Wish I had some time in Rochester (although its not really the best time of year), everything I've heard about the city (art, music, museums, culture, etc.) sounds wonderful. Well, except maybe the snow.

I have a 9:00 a.m. meeting time tomorrow, which is practically mid-day for me. So I'll be up for a while; I've got some reports to write.

2 comments:

Kathleen Anderson said...

So glad to know I'm not the only person that gave my GPS a name - mine is Henry :-)

Diana_CT said...

I know the long road to Rochester all too well, four years of college at RIT and then my brother lived there for three years working for a local company. The worst time was when I was coming home for Christmas break during a blizzard and they were closing the NY Thruway behind me, it took fourteen hours.

P.S. I call my GPS the “Nag”