January 23, 2010

Urban Oaks Organic Farm


We had our annual teacher's meeting last night in West Hartford - Barb and Peter host a get-together for all of the studio teachers; talking about upcoming workshops, the state of the studio, introduce newish teachers, pass out sub lists, etc. It's mostly a feel-good night with an incredible whole foods dinner and wonderful friends. I am blessed to find myself sitting in that circle of wonderful teachers and wonderful individuals.

I was tasked with picking up a box of local greens for the dinner, ordered from Urban Oaks Organic Farm, which, to my great surprise, is in New Britain! I'll admit that I would never have sought out the place or stumbled upon it on my own (although I did look at a house new there last summer) - but now that I know where it is, I'm pretty sure I'll be back. It's not exactly on the way between home and the yoga studio, but not too bad.

I picked up a head of kale (delicious - steamed some up for breakfast!) and a few onions - my fridge is still kind of full with my last trips to the grocers - but I intend to frequent Urban Oaks in the future. Want to support local food, add some healthier produce to my diet, and I want to be that person.

The retail shop is open year-round on Fridays from 3-6 pm and Saturdays from 10 am - 1 pm.

No comments: