February 09, 2010

Weight Watchers - Week #5

Alas, my WW updates have ended up for the most part on Facebook. Suffice it to say that I am still on program, still losing. As of Week #5 weigh-in on Monday, I lost 2 more pounds for 12.8 total. Not quite Biggest Loser numbers but not too bad. I had dropped exponentially over the first four weeks - roughly 6 / 3 / 1.5 / 0.5 pounds, so a decent two pounds was a welcome rebound. For that, I earned a warning from the eTools system:

Please note: You’re probably excited to be losing weight, but you’re losing faster than is recommended. Although it’s normal to lose over 2 pounds in one week, if you lose more than an average of 2 pounds per week over a four-week period, this could pose health risks, such as heart irregularities, anemia or loss of muscle mass. Please slow your weight loss; your doctor can help you do this if you’re not sure how, or ask your Leader for ideas.

Please slow your weight loss. Really? Honestly, with the good foods that I am eating, much hot / power yoga, and my starting weight, 2 pounds per week is pretty safe for me. Although I was tempted to stop by Five Guys this evening to ensure that I "slowed my weight loss". Mmmmmm...... although I ran the nutritional information into the WW calculator to find the points. Little Hamburger = 14 points, Regular Fries (which is really two servings) is 16 points. Not really. I remain somewhat shocked each time I run the numbers on a (typically fast food) "habit" from my days before I started the program. It's amazing I did not gain much more weight, a tribute to all that yoga....

I'm loving the WW eTools especially the iPhone app. Includes a points calculator, a list of restaurant menu items, and the ability to update your food or activity points on the road.

I did find a nice treat - Van's Low Fat Waffles (2 points for 2 waffles, amazing), frozen unsweetened strawberries (1 point for 1/2 cup), and some Fat Free whipped topping. A 3 or 4 point dessert that is pretty delicious and amazing.

No comments: