February 22, 2009

Busy Weekend

It has been a remarkably social stretch for your blogger....

Started Wednesday; I snuck out of work to go see Slumdog Millionaire (which seems to be sweeping the Oscars as I type this) with a friend. Highly recommended - movie and soundtrack! Later that night, yoga with one of my fave teachers, taking advantage of a school vacation break from my Wed night yoga class.

Thursday was the Creative Cocktail hour, in which I met a new friend (hi Sara!) and saw old ones, and also two unexpected yogi pals dropped in. So I was there relatively late for me (9 pm)

Friday, I taught two yoga classes (a subbing gig at 9:15, my own 12:15 class) and then worked. Stayed in that night, just vegged. Saturday morning, I ended up on the mat with Nykki.

Saturday was "Yogis eating non-organic food IV" where-in 15 of my yoga teacher training pals went out for dinner (Ichiro, in West Hartford). Food was noshed (raw and hibachi'd), drinks were imbibed, a good time was had by all. Some not so embarassing photos have already found their way to Facebook.....

Sunday morning, I ended up on the mat with Christine, then subbed a class for Shankara. Busy morning. And tonight was the annual CARC Oscar Night - saw several friends, some I see often, others I see once a year or so. It was at Dishes Bar & Grill, and it was a gala time. I silent auction bid on a few things (a bowl, some art, and a tattoo gift certificate) and won none of these. But had a lovely time.

Now in bed. Blogging, watching the end of the Oscars. Gently heading towards sleep.....

No comments: