February 10, 2009

Our Town at Little Theater of Manchester

Popped over to Cheney Hall this evening for a read-through performance of Thorton Wilder's "Our Town". I am not sure that I have ever seen the play; if I have I've quite forgotten it, especially Act III. Coming off my enlightenment intensive experiences, this particular act, the "living humans have no idea what it is all about" aspect of it. I cried a bit.

For an amateur cast and a read-through performance, it was quite wonderful. Colin McEnroe added some celebrity firepower (and some impressive performance chops) as the Stage Manager, but the entire cast was up to the challenge.

Afterwards, dinner with friends at Corey's Catsup & Mustard in Manchester. The fries are supposed to be stellar (we resisted) but the sandwiches were quite wonderful (I had a turkey burger in a wrap) - each accompanied by a wonderful half-sour pickle and some fresh and crisp cole slaw. Delicious! The band was a little loud for us oldsters (on a Tuesday night even) but definitely a good place for a quick meal east of the river.

And now, since I've actually exchanged words with Dave M, I can heed Facebook's suggestion that I "friend him"

In honor of a lovely evening, Iris Dement and Emmylou Harris, singing "Our Town"

No comments: