December 26, 2005

Welcome to 2003 (or thereabouts)

My brothers (who rock incredibly) chipped in to gift me with a Dell DJ Ditty MP3 player, which is something I would never purchase for myself (too extravagent) but is perfect.

It all installed pretty easily; I charged it up overnight via the USB port and I am listening to it now on Shuffle mode. For the record, the first 5 CD's I imported (a quick random pick off the rack)

* Hugh Blumenfeld - Mozart's Money (I should just put Raphael on repeat....)
* Richard Shindell - Courier
* Hedwig and the Angry Inch
* The Very Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions
* Famous Blue Raincoat - Jennifer Warnes (songs by Leonard Cohen)

I am feeling very trendy (which I guess means that MP3 players are officially passe, and something new will come along) and am excited to explore the possibilities (roller blading and long airplane trips, downloading audio books and/or podcast streams of favorite radio programs)

No comments: