December 29, 2008

The New Department of Motor Vehicles

Just renewed my auto registration via the web. It took about 90 seconds (including time to type in a credit card number).

The DMV has gotten a lot of bad press over the past years, much of it warranted. But the last few times I've been to the DMV offices, the wait was short, the lines well organized, and the amount of "stand in this line for 45 minutes only to be told I was in the wrong line" opportunities were minimal. In fact, I stopped the information desk person (who happened to be the supervisor that particular day) to say "good job".

Last time I renewed an automobile registration, I think ti was via mail. Which was handy enough. And now we can do it online.

Nice to see my tax dollars working efficiently and well!

No comments: