October 04, 2009

Adult-in-Charge

I've been the adult in charge down at the yoga studio this weekend. Let me tell you, it's exhausting.

Friday was an 11 hour day - I taught two classes, from 10:45 - 1:15 and then hung out getting ready for a national workshop. I snuck out for lunch, and I got to take the workshop but I was pretty much there until 9 pm.

Saturday, another long one - went in at 9 am to clean up some of the registration mess, workshops from 10:45 - 1:45 and again from 3:30 - 6:30. Then clean up while students packed up and made their way out the door; I hit the lights and set the alarm at 8:00 pm.

Today, more of the same - with the final workshop this morning, and the teacher training starting up this afternoon. I turn the reins back to the studio manager (with any luck) tomorrow.

And my big client who has been out of the country for a week or so, is back - I noticed 10 emails with site data came in last night. So it's shoulder to the wheel tomorrow (might try to sneak over to the office a bit today and get a jump start on things....)

Stick a fork in me; I'm done. I need a vacation!

No comments: