November 12, 2009

Not Wasting Time

I may procrastinate at times, but when it comes to taking action, I am swift and sure. Falling asleep at my desk yesterday afternoon, I decided to run back home, shed my yoga clothes and contacts (getting tough to do close work with them of late), and head back home. But en route down the Berlin Turnpike (with a vague goal of stopping into Home Depot to look at carpets) I instead pulled into Galaxy carpet. Where I found a low pile remnant ($1.77 / Sq Foot) suitable for the basement (not too dark to pick up lint, and not too light to get dirty). Where it will be installed this afternoon.

I've been going back and forth on the basement / office - no rug (linoleum floor is seeming awfully cold) and then just an area rug. But what the heck - decided to just go for it with a wall-to-wall carpet.

So, assuming all goes well, I could be minimally functional (computer, network, prnters, and phones) downstairs by Monday. Which I intend to be.....heading up to Newington to the office is getting old, fast. Self employment has totally ruined me for a real (9 to 5, 5 days a week get in a car and drive to the office) job.

No comments: