February 16, 2007

Boots and Civil Service

Quick updates. Today was a mish-mosh. Worked in the morning. Had a noonish appointment. Went to fetch MYA afterwards. We were supposed to go to the DMV today to get her ID. Unfortunately, the DMV closed at 12:30 today for the Monday Holiday. Of course, I was at the DMV yesterday and there was no notice or sign up about an early closing today.

OK, so Monday is NOT a holiday for me, but I do not begrudge the day off for others. But come on, you need to take a 1/2 day Friday to prepare for President's Day? Stuff like this makes me resent the heck out of civil servants. Grumble.


MYA and I hung out mostly, went to the True Colors office, had dinner, and I went to get some yoga / jazzercise friendly boots at Famous Footwear.

Bout it. Last night, Creative Cocktail Hour at Real Art Ways. Tomorrow, Jazzercise. Lunch with friends from a mindfulness group. And then maybe Oscar nominated shorts at Real Art Ways.

No comments: