February 28, 2007

A Dog in the Hunt

Yesterday's precipitous drop on Wall Street was unpleasant. In the past, I never really cared much - my work seems to come and go to its own rhythms, without a lot of correlation to the economy. And I have historically not had a lot of extra money for savings, investment, retirement. But the last few years I have been able (and disciplined enough) to fund an IRA and its spread out over a lot of investments. So when I popped into my IRA account this morning, it was down a bit.

Not that I am all that upset - I'm in for the long term and if anything, its a good time to drop the remainder of my 2006 contribution in there; I had been hedging because I had some big checks coming in and the high stock market prices had me thinking a correction was coming. So, all in all, not a bad thing.

But its odd to hear the financial news and actually give a damn.....

No comments: