November 03, 2008

Time Change Madness

It never fails, the semiannual switch to and from Daylight Savings Time always seems to play little tricks on us.

I got bagged yesterday - went over to the office (where I had not to changed my wall clock) and so I worked for a while then headed home to prepare for evening yoga, an hour before I needed to. Minor "gotcha" - I realized my error as soon as I got home, so I changed into yoga duds, went back to the office, then off to yoga.

This morning, Zippy got all dressed, and was warming up the car in preparation for leaving for work an hour early. I had changed all the common space clocks - but he had neglected to change his bedroom alarm clock, and so got up and moving a bit too quickly this morning.

And the dogs seems to have already adapted - Elo got me up this morning precisely at 5:00 a.m. for breakfast. He's been sleeping in a bit of late, until 5:45 or even 6:00 a.m. - but 5:00 a.m. is his regularly scheduled "switch from sleepy bed warmer to hungry pup" mode. So we're back on track there ::yawn::

1 comment:

Terrence said...

Looks like your dogs corroborate our belief that our dog Gracie can tell time. She stops whatever it is she's doing at 4 p.m. and sits at the kitchen door, waiting for us to fill her dish with the Alpo.