May 07, 2007

Please Come To Boston

MYA and I traipsed up to Boston for a quick visit today - blessed with light traffic, an on-street parking space in front of the building, and an uncharacteristically quick appointment. All good - I picked her up at 12:30 and I was back in the house about 6:30. Amusingly, she heard some song on the radio (tuned to one of her stations) about coming to Boston (I neither recognized the song nor discerned the Boston lyrics) - all I could think of was that Dave Loggins song. Which has been stuck in my head all night.

MYA has developed an addiction for Lemonade Coolattas from Dunkin Donuts. So that (and a need for a bio break) took us to the Dunkin Donuts at the truck stop in Willington, which is always a journey into the twilight zone. MYA sez "I'm not sure what the hell goes down there, and I don't really want to know, but I'm pretty sure something does."

This evening, the Zipster and I bopped over to Ocean State Job Lot to see what we could not live without - we found some curtains and a rod for the back porch slider (it gets warm back there in the summer with the morning sun). I also picked up some hair color, some light socks, and some dog toys. Zipster got some nasty ass pickles (from Poland).

The folk fest spreadsheet is coming along and is probably serviceable right now, but, being a perfectionist (as well as a geek) I am sure I am going to (a) try to preload the names of CD's for most of the artists and (b) implement a push button menu to jump to specific artist pages as well as jump back to the main menu page. Also, I may enable protection to mere mortals to work with it without crapping out the formulae and functionality.

No comments: