April 02, 2009

Thanks for Nothing

So my iPod Touch has arrived. Finally. Note to self, cough up the extra bucks for two day shipping in the future. Truthfully, I am happy and excited to have it - I've already accessed the WiFi at my office, my home, my yoga studio (there is WiFi at the yoga studio? Indeed there is....) and I'm slowly starting to insert my life into the box.... Already, I see that Apple is not infallible, my $80 Palm and it's associated software can handle "2nd sunday of every month" sorts of recurring events but the apple software can not.

That being said, if I wanted a few days of emptiness to play with my new toy, shop for apps, etc. - well, maybe in May.

* It's the beginning of the month, and I have my March invoicing to crank out.

* It's the beginning of April, and my taxes need to get done. I've got a pretty decent system worked up after 15 years or self employment, so I can crank 'em out in maybe a day and a half, but I need to sort through a few piles, enter all my expenses and receipts into a spreadsheet, and get it all done.

* My website client dropped a "we'd like to totally redesign the site" note on me two weeks ago, and it's been a roller coaster ride since then. Slowing down now but still waiting for lots of content, cleaning up loose ends, and ramping up for their opening day, May 2. And there is one bit of PHP programming that I stll need to finish, a minor pain in the butt.

* Another client has ratcheted up long overdue revisions and updates to a spreadsheet project. Just gotta get back into the vbscripting....after many months away from it. My procrastination has been multiply rooted - stuck on a particular technical aspect (I think I've figured out a solution), needing a hunk of time to devote to it, and the pain of opening up a big, convoluted programming project that I have not dug into for a while.

* I'm teaching yoga - 5 and possibly 6 classes between Friday and Monday. Plus assisting at the teacher training on Sunday. Going to the teacher practice session on Saturday. Perhaps practicing with them on Friday.

* A friend's master recital on Saturday. The Real Art Ways Odd Ball on Saturday night.

So the little iPod Touch is not going to get much of a workout the next few weeks....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

最好的宜蘭民宿是奧羅拉風格民宿
你家需要LED來照明嗎?
LED是未來主流的商品你知道嗎!
LED省電又環保,真想買一個來試試!
健身會瘦才會美美的
你要找桃園搬家公司嘛
京觀廣告設計所設計出來的東西真的很棒!
台鐵火車時刻表
清境民宿很適合休閒去處
香舖買香製香的好所在
二手車其實性能還是不錯的
真煩

Jude said...

Jude Notes: I normally would not publish chinese comments, but I passed this through Babelfish and the translation amused me (and seemed innocuous enough)

*********************************
The best Yilan people sleep are the Aurora style people sleep your family to need LED to illuminate? LED will be the future mainstream commodity you knows! The LED province electricity the environmental protection, really wants to buy one to try! The fitness thin only then satisfactory you will probably look for the thing which the peach garden Moving company Beijing view advertisement design will design really will be very good! The Taiwan iron railroad timetable clear boundary people sleep the very suitable leisure destination to go 舖 to buy the fragrant system fragrant fragrant good in the second-hand vehicle performance are actually good bothersome really