August 06, 2008

Desiree Rumbaugh

Three hours on the mat this evening, with Desiree Rumbaugh. A special Anusara workshop, on backbends.

I have never worked formally with Anusara (heart-opening) yoga before, but I get the feeling that I pick up a lot of Anusara influence from my teachers, and that anusara language and energy infuses my teaching. So I'm looking forward to this evening. And though backbends are always challenging for me, my experience with other national backbending workshops (Ana Forrest) was quite positive. With a few hours of prep work and opening before we get into the serious bending, I imagine I'll be fine....my lower back was a bit tweaky on Monday morning, but I worked it out with yoga and teaching this week.....

Of course, Ms. Rumbaugh has her own yoga blog - ten points for Gryffindor....

No comments: