August 29, 2008

One Perfect Moment

Taught an All Levels class last evening. It's certainly different than a Gentle Class - different energy, different pace, different style. The theme was shoulders, and if I did not get to 1/2 the postures I had penciled in, well, I got to a lot. Some heart opening, shoulder flexing anusara arms in Warrior I that I cribbed from Desiree Rumbaugh. Thread the needle (thanks Carissa!) - which resulted in much rolling over. A little shoulder opener in Warrior II from Barb, I think. Archer. Dolphin and Bird's Wing. Shoulder opener with the strap (Shankara, surely).

Just not enough time to get to it all, I had penciled in floor boat and hands clasped behind the back, eagle warrior and bow. All to get right into those shoulders....

And then, the coup de grace - some inversions. Down dog on the wall. Dolphin on the wall. Feathered peacock (forearm balance). Handstand for those who wanted it. Most of the class tried something.....

Energizing, fun to teach, I still have so much to learn to really orchestrate a class the way my teachers do.....but learning I am.

And this morning, poised between sleep and waking, coming off a class last night and another I am teaching this noon, the world felt right. I felt like I am who I am supposed to be.

A rare gift, that. Trying to savor it.....

1 comment:

Jane Willenbrink said...

Lovely Jude...I can't wait to teach with you! And I really should have made it to your class last night--I'm in much need of some shoulder attention...Next time!