September 16, 2008

When You Ain't Got Nothing....

Vibing Bob Dylan as the financial world crashes down around me. The Dow was down 500 points yesterday; though it seems to have found some buoyancy today.

It's not like I don't have a dog in the hunt (heh heh - I just Freudian typo'd "a god in the hunt" and am amused by myself). I've got a nascent little 401K that I have been faithfully stuffing for a few years, and yeah, it's pretty much down 20% over the past calendar year. So be it. It's not going to change my plodding monthly investment strategy, it's not gonna make me panic. Wish I had some extra cash at the moment - I'd plow it into something or the other right now just to get my 2008 contributions up. Bargain hunting....

But really, it's all pretty amorphous to me right now. I'm investing for a retirement I never expected to reach. I've been living without much of a safety net for close to 15 years. I've come to trust the process. And I have been without the finer things in life, the right home, the right clothes, the right car, the right gadgets - that it hardly affects me.

Let it go, try not to beat yourself up or get too stressed out by it all. It will come back. Or not. But life will go on.....

1 comment:

Jane Willenbrink said...

So true...such a refreshing (& yogic) perspective : )