April 21, 2008

Beautiful Weekend

Not that I got all that much accomplished.....

A good yoga weekend, with some pretty challenging Shankara practices on Friday and Sunday mornings, and an opportunity to assist (at the free Intro to Yoga class, led by Shankara, on Saturday afternoon). Assisting was fun; although it was not so crowded (due to the nice weather) and Shankara took the class through a lot of less traditional postures and stretches so there was less formal adjusting to do. Mostly see to comfort (blankets and blocks), demo postures, and talk to students afterwards. I need to get comfortable with students - approaching, sitting on the floor, making eye and body contact - so these are good practice sessions.

Saturday night Zippy and I dined Al Fresco at the Elbow Room. Nice to sit and people-watch. Afterwards, we walked off dinner a bit, and stopped by a newish restaurant Ambassador of India located in that little place off Farmington Avenue. Prices look pretty reasonable, especially fro WH center. I saw some yoga friends out and about as we were dining, and it turned out they were headed there for dinner - they recommend it (good vegetarian options).

Sunday, I went to a Family and Friends concert at the Universalist Church in West Hartford. It was a lovely concert, my yoga friend Cynthia was the hub surrounded by family, and friends, and the music went from bluegrass to sing-along to four part harmony (Cynthia formerly sang with Concora). It was a very beautiful and love-filled space; a handful of my yogi friends were there.

In between all this, I did a conference with my mentee. I dug up and raked the front lawn (where the water main was dug up this winter) in preparation for reseeding. And we went to Home Depot to buy a shovel, some bricks to edge a new garden, and some grass seed.

No comments: