June 12, 2007

Creature Comforts

We caught, unexpectedly, an episode of Creature Comforts last night on CBS. I'm a Nick Park / Aardman Animation fan from way back; so the style and format was familiar, but I had not realized there was a television series out. Apparently, there was a BBC series produced in 2003 (rerun on Comedy Central) and now CBS has commissioned an American version. More info here.

It's an unusually engaging bit of art. The interviews (of real people) bring to mind This American Life or perhaps Story Corps or Paul Auster's National Story Project (moment of small shock here, I recall the National Story Project as something recent, I popped over to the NPR site to realize that it ran back in 2000-2001. Damn, time flies)

Anyway, Monday nights at 8 on CBS. I think they are running a double session on Wednesday, June 13th, at 8.

No comments: