March 22, 2006

Ned Lamont

I just donated $50 to the Ned Lamont campaign. Was listening to Bruce & Colin and a woman called in who said something like "I'm volunteering for my first political campaign ever" and I feel pretty much the same (although I've nibbled around the edges of the various Curry campaigns over the years).

I need to call them back to volunteer - but I keep misplacing the paper with the number and contact, and I will not be able to do much until after the True Colors conference this Friday / Saturday. Tomorrow for sure....

Edit: Just heard Senator Lieberman on Bruce and Colin / WTIC. Argh! I am not sure if I am more offended at his pedantic "you're smarter than that....." leveled at Colin or his thinly veiled threat that without his seniority and various positions of power, CT's share of the pork-pie would suffer. Vote for me or we'll shoot your funding....

Whatever the hell he wanted to do with this media appearance, it was not too effective. I came home and called Rose with Ned Lamont's campaign. I'm on the bus....

And my prediction: Lamont unseats Lieberman for the Democratic nomination. And Lieberman jumps ship (as opposed to jumping the shark) and runs as a Republican.....

No comments: