October 30, 2006

The Bottom Line

Goofball folk music campaign radio spot from Joe Lieberman here.

I swear to god I heard this and thought it was a parody, or something the Lamont team had cooked up to bust Lieberman's chops. Or advertising tires or a lower grade steak joint or something similar.
Singing: When you walk into that voting booth, looking for the real truth; well people this year you will find, you're looking for the bottom line.

Joe Lieberman has been the one to say it straight and get it done. He's there for us once again, now Connecticut's there for Lieberman.

Look past the parties and the names, there's no room for political games, Joe's stood up for us every time, it's time to vote the bottom line.

Announcer: This year Joe Lieberman may be a little harder to find in the voting booth, because he's running independently in the Connecticut for Lieberman party, you'll find his name near the bottom of column two on the ballot. So take your time, look carefully and vote for Joe Lieberman.

Singing: When you walk into that voting booth, looking for the real truth, vote your heart and vote your mind, you'll find Joe on the bottom line.


Joe Lieberman: I'm Joe Lieberman, I'm running for Senate, and I approved this message. Paid for by Friends of Joe Lieberman

Friends of Joe Lieberman with absolutely no idea what music is supposed to sound like, I suppose.....nor I imagine be expected to have shown up at the real Bottom Line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It got you to comment that he's on the bottom line!

Seems to me that the ad has done its magic--and that's to get people to remember and talk about Lieberman being on the bottom line at the voting booth.

Thanks!

Jude said...

It took 'em 24 minutes to find this and rebut. Damn, team GO JOE must have more time on their hands than I do this Monday night.

Well, comment away, I'll post it.

I dunno, I remember the Big Mac song too. Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. Haven't eaten one of those in 18 years or something.

Or how about "Hold the pickle hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us, all we ask is that you let us serve it your way!" Ohmigawd! I had a whopper a couple of weeks ago!

The song is working! My hand is subliminially moving to the bottom line! I'm voting for Joe! Help! Help!