October 30, 2006

Enlightenment Intensive

So if you are looking for me this coming weekend, well don't bother. I will be out of email range. No cell phone. I'm going to an Enlightenment Intensive.

I am not 100% sure about this, but it feels right. I picked up a brochure for this particular Enlightenment Intensive down at the yoga studio before I even started yoga - Zippy and I were bike riding and found the yoga studio (which I had never been by) - and along with a studio brochure I picked up the EI brochure. And it seemed right then, but perhaps I was not ready. Now, 18 months later, I have practiced a lot of yoga. I have really gotten a lot out of that, enough to believe that the EI will afford some similar stuff. I know and trust the leader of this intensive. It seems like it still fits.

Of course, when others have heard I was doing this, I heard some stories of people leaving mid weekend. People having psychic breaks. I guess it gets pretty intense. That's OK. Those who recall my group therapy days know I am an intensity junkie. My own walls, defenses, masks, and armor are complex, strong, and multiply redundant. I need something unexpected, unusual, deep, challenging to break me, a little.

I'll be back Monday. In one form or another.....

No comments: